The COVID19 crisis is far from over in Victoria, yet the measures of relief for millions of renters are running out. We need an urgent extension and expansion of the COVID19 Omnibus Legislation eviction moratorium.
1. The eviction moratorium be extended and broadened until September 2021
2. An amnesty on rental payments must be enacted for renters to be financially able to stay at home.
3. All rental debts accrued are to be forgiven with no fault or penalty.
4. New and existing rent reduction agreements must be below 30% of tenants’ income as projected in September and to persist for the length of the pandemic.
5. Penalties must be applied to landlords, agents and agencies who refuse to negotiate rental agreements in good faith; and or; who infringe upon our rights as renters
Why is this important?
For those of us who were already struggling to stay afloat we will be expected to live on $3 a week.